Looking for a photographer in Lees Summit, MO? Our studio is just ten minutes away from Lee’s Summit and is where we shoot all of our newborn studio sessions. If you are interested in a family, baby or child session in Lee’s Summit, We have some great portrait location ideas we have found in our ten years of shooting photography in Lees Summit.
Portrait Locations in Lees Summit
1. Unity Village – This is my favorite portrait location in Lee’s Summit and all of Eastern Jackson County for family photography. It is gorgeous at any time of year. Unity Village is kind enough to allow photography at their headquarters at no charge as long as we are respectful of the grounds and their scheduling of events. This location features acres of green land, a gorgeous bridge, trees and stunning architecture. The beauty of all of the buildings is that it makes the location workable at nearly any time of day. We schedule a session around their events/weddings, so I recommend certain days of the week and will call to check their schedule.
2. Downtown Lee’s Summit – Another favorite location of mine for family, baby or child photography. The area offers lots of character, color, and variety. I have some hidden gems all throughout the area.
3. Legacy Park – Features a 22 acre lake, fishing dock and scenic overlook along the shoreline of the lake. It also has a playground to enjoy after the session!
4. James. A. Reed Memorial Wildlife Reserve – SE Ranson Road between 50 Hwy and 150 Hwy. This area features woodlands, native grass, multiple ponds and fields of crops. It is a large 2,603 acre reserve near Lee’s Summit. There are multiple locations within this location that would be perfect for a family session as well as a red, rustic barn that photographs really beautifully.
5. Lowenstein Park – Gorgeous trees, trails and a beautiful bridge at this17.7 acre park in Lee’s Summit. It is very pretty in the fall.