A Fire at the Studio | Some Bad News | Blue Springs Missouri
There was a fire in the building on Main Street in Blue Springs where my studio is located last Monday. It really was a shock. I am a little sad, it was my first studio. I have always believed though, that it is not the camera or the space that makes a photographer. It’ll be ok!
Not So Great News
My husband heard the address on the news on his way to work about the same time that my landlord called me on the phone and asked me if I had seen the news yet. The fire began on the first floor in another business during the middle of the night. It does look like it was set on purpose, which is especially surprising since we are so close to the police station and nothing bad ever happens on our little Main Street.
Thank you for all of the calls and emails offering help from clients and other photographers. It really means so much to me. I had only been in this studio for a few months and was so excited. My schedule was busy, busy, busy!
We have lots of smoke damage in the studio, so most of the props will not be able to be salvaged unless they were solid wood. All of the wall art and canvases, baskets, etc will need to be replaced. My beloved camera and lenses were at home and most importantly, nobody was injured.
I am told in 3-4 months I will have a new and improved studio in the same location. I am not sure if this is an accurate timeline as it sounds pretty ambitious but we will see. Until then, I’ll be shooting on-l0cation and will also have a temporary studio location in to be announced soon.
I am just thankful that nobody was hurt and that I have proper insurance in place. It will all work itself out. It’s just stuff and fluff. Onward!